Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) has issued Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Examination 2012. Through this notification 60 vacancies are to be filled in, under Grade IV. Eligible candidates may apply through online before 01-10-2012. The details of age limit, educational Qualification, how to apply, selection process and other details of UPSC Notification are as follows…
UPSC NDA & NA Notification vacancy details:
Number of Vacancies: 60
Names of Services:
1. Indian Economic Service – 31 vacancies
2. Indian Statistical Service – 29 vacancies
Age Limit: Candidates’ age must be between 21 years and 30 years. Cutoff date for determining age limit would be 01-08-2012. (Age relaxations will be extended as per Govt rules).
Educational Qualifications: Candidates trying for posts under Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Postgraduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics and a candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from recognized university.
Application Fee Details: Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card. SC/ST/Female/PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Application fee: Candidates need to pay application fee of Rs. 50/- by depositing the cash in SBI branch or by using net banking facility of SBI or its subsidiary banks. SC/ST candidates and sons of JCO/NCO/OR are exempted from payment of fee.’
Selection process: Candidates will be initially selected on the basis of Written Examination. Those who qualify in Written Exam and Document Verification, will be called for Interview/Personality Test. Finally selected candidates also must be medically fit.
How to apply: The eligible candidates may apply online through UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in website on or before 01-10-2012. After submission of Online Application candidates must take the print out of application form and keep it safe for further reference/use.
Instructions for Online Application:
1. Candidates must visit http://www.upsconline.nic.in website and click on Online application for Various Examinations of UPSC link.
2. Candidates must then select the Part I of Application by selecting the link Click Here below Part I Registration of desired service.
3. Fill all the marked details of Part I of Application Form and then make the payment.
4. After making payment online or offline candidates must revisit the website.
5. This time candidates need to select the link Click Here below Part II Registration of same service.
6. Again fill all the mandatory details in Part II of Application.
7. Upload the scanned Photograph and Signature at the places provided and Submit the Application.
8. Take print out of Online Application and retain it for further use.
Date of Notification: 01-09-2012
Starting Date for Online Registration: 01-09-2012
Last date for Online Registration: 01-10-2012
Date of Written Examination: 01-12-2012